Wednesday 2 March 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day One ... Your Favourite Song.

So I have to pick just one. Only one ? Can't I have two ? Or possibly, five. Or ten ? Wait, no .... twenty ?
I couldn't figure this out, so I thought if it looked in iTunes to see what was played the most, it might give me an idea.
Well, I have several instances of iTunes. But the main two show oddly different things - and neither of them indicate songs played the most often that I would consider my favourite song. The first (my upstairs machine, where I am sitting now), reckons the track with the highest play count is "My Baby Talks Dirty" by The Knack. Now, I do like that song, and very much too, but it ain't my favourite. Downstairs machine, which I use more when I am cooking or doing housework or whatever, says the song most played is America's "A Horse with No Name." Ditto - like it, but I don't think it's y' know, da bomb or anything. I did wonder if the highest play counts would be of songs I have recently sung in bands (and had to learn, by rote, by drumming into my addled brain over and over), but although there has been talk of the Knack song, it hasn't been done. And the little ditty about the un-monikered equine hasn't even been suggested.

So what's it to be ? Well, if pressed, I would have to say that my favourite song is Jeff Healey's version of "Hoochie Coochie Man." Anyone who knew me would not be surprised by this. It's an oldie but a goody, and Jeff puts a dirty spin on it that as a singer I could only ever hope to aspire to. I don't have the added talent of being a brilliant guitarist --- or indeed being tall, blond and gorgeous either. We do it in the band, and out of all our current set list, it's the song I probably enjoy singing the most. I think this may be a dead cert for Day Twelve too. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment